1. Sophie McDowell
instagram: @sophiemcdoodle, art also featured @sophie_mcdowell
Facebook: McDoodle Art
5. I am from Washington DC
6. The Earth and most natural occurrences/forms inspire a lot of my art pieces. I enjoy incorporating nature and femme people/characteristics into my art.
7. I guess I've been a creator for a while. I have played instruments forever and I've been writing forever. However, I didn't start drawing with ink in my particular style until my 9th grade art class. Ever since then I've been drawing non-stop.
10. One fun fact: crows are my favorite organism!
11. I'm really inspired by courage and constantly I try to be courageous in my art. I love when other artists/creators push the boundaries of what is deemed "normal" or "appropriate." I guess I like portraying nudity and sex in the way that I do because I would like people to see another side of it, not like the way it has been taught to us in society. I also am incredibly inspired by artists/creators who infuse social justice into their creations.
12. I most definitely consider myself a feminist. I honestly don't feel like people should have to explain why they are feminists because it just seems like being a feminist is the bare minimum of being involved in activism and the bare minimum of what it means to have respect for all people and all genders. There is so much more that needs to be done to make sure intersectional feminism is the norm.